Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 83

Today I met possibly the coolest Scottish waiter you could ever ask for. It was my friend Elise's birthday who has recently become a die-hard Scotland fan since her two trips to Glasgow and Edinburgh. So, needless to say, when she found out her birthday waiter was Edinburgh born and bread, she flipped and ordered a cocktail to celebrate. He was a burly man with a thick beard who loved meat and beer, Elise and my kinda guy to say the least. He was fun, made jokes, offered to take our picture (without making us feel like awkward tourists at all) and of course it helped that the food and drinks were great as well. It made for a great night, a sort of round 2 from our Thanksgiving get together. Nights like that: great food, great wine, great conversation with a table full of friends is exactly what I hoped to have when I got here. Although it may not seem like much now, I know I'll look back on these moments and wish I had them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment