Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 85

Today I met Eimear (took me forever just to figure out how to spell it). A bit of a crazed girl with her hair in shambles and mascara and lip gloss tossed on her face everyday, but nice enough. She was my editor this time around, yet somehow I ended up editing her story. She constantly dashes around the newsroom and if she isn't, she's sitting at a computer seeming to be in her own little world. I can't ever really have a conversation with her. I always feel the need to look behind me to see if she's talking to someone else or to check my teeth in case there is something stuck between them. Maybe I should be more like that? More caught up in my work? I don't know. On second thought, no. I'm heading to Scotland next weekend despite the fact I have a test the following Monday and a paper due. But hey, I'm not here to get caught up in work. I'm here to have the time of my life and pass...just pass. That's all I have to do. Eimear on the other hand, well I guess she has to do more than just pass. Still I hope she can find a way to relax for just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment