Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 111

Today I met an adorable girl who found me my dream dress. It's my last day in Paris and I was off to go shopping but not without some serious reservations. I had heard horror stories of Americans not being helped in shops and the smartly decorated windows and fine clothes made me feel a bit out of place. But, I was determined to find something and told myself, it's like Pretty Woman, you've got the money. If they don't want to help, they just lost a sale. I walked in one store and found nothing. The second store I walked in a tiny sales associate with gorgeous bushbaby eyes greeted me and thankfully, spoke English. I told her what I wanted and she went around the store grabbing me pretty much anything that wasn't black. The second dress she grabbed was beautiful. I was in love with it the moment I saw it. I tried on three different dresses and each time I came out of the dressing room she greeted me and accessorised the dress appropriately. But, we both knew the dress I saw was the one. It was the second one I tried on in Paris and it was a done deal. Perfectly easy and an enjoyable experience rolled into one. What more could a shopping lover want on the last day in Paris?

No comments:

Post a Comment