Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 91

Today I met Barney. I'm sorry for another "How I Met Your Mother" reference but it has to be done. Barney was, well, an Irish pathetic version of Barney Stinson. Tall, suave, and an MMA fighter at that, he proclaimed himself as "never having trouble with women." On a Saturday night, all he thinks about is women no matter what. I swear, these are his words not mine. I was just surprised that he wasn't "suited up." He continued to tell me about his successful job, this absolutely gorgeous blonde girl he met, and his approaching three month trip to Brazil to learn fighting techniques. Oh, how impressed I was (that's written sarcasm by the way). And the strange thing is, even though he knew I was there on somewhat of a date, he never left. After saying he needed to go home a few times due to a seven a.m. start at work, he got dressed but never actually walked out the door. In fact, after closing I was supposed to put up the Christmas tree while the place was being cleaned up and before I knew it Barney and an old creepy man named John were next to me helping. Finally, after the tree and few lights were up Barney and John got ready to leave. Barney gave me an extremely awkward hug and walked out the door. Strangest self-proclaimed "ladies man" I've ever met. Better luck next time Barney.

No comments:

Post a Comment