Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 102

Today I met Francis, a ginger (yay). We started talking after a well-executed "Have you met..." by Elise. He was out DD for his brother and his friend having a drink before they went to...duh duh duh...Copper's. If I haven't mentioned Copper's before, or in case you smartly chose to forget, the saying goes, "If you can't score at Copper's, you can't score anywhere." The line is always packed two blocks long with horny guys and slutty girls freezing their you-know-whats off. I have been in Dublin for about 4 months now and have yet to go in. Somehow, maybe it was the Guinness running through my bloodstream, but Francis convinced me to go with them. They convinced me I wouldn't have to wait and they would watch out for me. So after a couple more drinks and a quick sing-a-long to "Fairytale of New York", off we went into the icy night as I cursed myself for ever agreeing to this. Low and behold, Francis's brother and his friend got in, but we were left out in the cold. Considering there were no other bars open, back to The Bleeding Horse we went and Francis and I had a great rest of the night. He was sweet and was apparently happy to have an "actual conversation" with someone. That's what you get for spending your nights at Copper's: a whole lot of leg but no brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment