Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 90

Today I met an extremely cheap Englishman. We were out for yet another birthday party celebration and were intent on playing the "have you met" game and hopefully, get some free drinks out of it. We came across a group of guys who had all met one year in Australia. There were a few English, a few Irish and a random very hobbit-like Scotsman. Shannon, Elise and I all managed to find someone to talk to. Mine, well I can't remember his name now, but he was rather cute and good to talk to. The problem came when my glass was low (that's where all problems begin over here). He asked me if I wanted a drink and of course I said said considering we were currently at a rather expensive bar. He asked what I was drinking and when I said "Bulmers" he asked, "Is that expensive?" I was a little shocked, I mean it's not like I asked for Don Perignon or something. He got me my drink anyways, we finished talking after watching a high school makeout session between a couple people I won't mention. Hilarious though, really. So, we were off to the Bleeding Horse and the chap said he would meet me there and that I would buy the next drink. Sorry, I don't know anyone who goes Dutch in this situation. I ended up not making it to the Bleeding Horse that night, but apparently they never showed. Guess the cheap idgit didn't want to pay for an extra beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment