Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 109

Today I met Mark, and guess what? He's Australian. It's Christmas and what else is there to do but drink when you don't have family or guests to entertain? Well, I guess you drink then too. Point is, we spent the night at Shannon's hostel bar for a night of Australians and creeps. After a few glasses of champagne we met Mark, a 29 year old guy who was taking a break from managing his own company. He was a loud party animal and would surely be a frat guy with his muscles and tight t-shirt had he been American. It was hard to believe he was twenty nine but he seems to be a freak of nature anyways. He claims himself to get younger every year and I had to agree once I saw his passport picture from a few years ago. I'm telling you, this "Mark" in the picture looked like a dorky teacher I had in seventh grade with glasses, combed hair and looked to be in his late thirties. Craziest thing I've ever seen and now I wish I had a copy of it or something. In our drunken state we got to talking about my devastating fallout with my best friend after witnessing two "BFFs" make out in the corner. Nice. But he did protect me from the actual creepy, late thirties, dorky guys with bad teeth so I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment