Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 87

Today I met Tara, my tattoo artist. She looked the part of a chilled out artist with her skin decorated in ink and silver hoops and her hair tossed up into a hat. She seemed a bit "too cool" for me at first outnumbering me in tattoos and piercings by a long shot, but later she turned out to be a very nice person despite her jabbing a needle into my side continuously. The tattoo was far more painful than I expected as it cut into my rib cage, but Tara kept up the conversation and I was able to keep my mind off of the pain at least for a few moments at time. We talked about everything possibly in the 45 minutes we had on the table and I was ecstatic to hear that her sister lives in Edinburgh. Tara loves the city and gave me awesome recommendations for cafes and underground tours. Gotta love when you can get a tattoo, words of wisdom, and travel tips all in one sitting. I'll probably go back to have her check for a touch up and hopefully be able to share my stories from Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment