Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 97

Today I met Graeme, the birthday boy. As I mentioned, I ran into him after the failure of the pub crawl, but I couldn't have asked for a better addition to our group. Graeme (or Graham for those non-gaelic speakers) works for the Scottish government and was the spitting image of a dashing Scottsman in his leather jacket, sweater and shirt and tie decorated with Christmas coloured Scottish plaid. Adorable, I must say. As my personal Tin Man, he led me down the cobbled brick road to The Scottsman Lounge where we listened to some traditional music as well as the random "Galway Girl" thrown in giving me a little sense of my Irish home. It turned out, that morning kicked of Graeme's 33rd birthday which I felt terrible for not knowing and being able to do something about it. However, he seemed happy to spend the night with me despite my thoughts of how boring I truly am. It's amazing. I love Ireland but I never thought I would find another place that felt so right as well. The Scottish were some of the greatest people I've met and, not to sound vain, but after all of these encounters and new relationships, I feel like I may be a little more interesting than I ever thought I was. Still not like, the absolute life of the party or anything, but I am proud to say...wait for it...I am becoming more like my mother every day. These stories I've gathered remind me of hers and I thank her profusely for helping me loosen the hell up and get myself out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment