Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 94

Today I met my B&B keeper. Sadly, she was not the most pleasant woman I've ever met with her staunch, quiet accent and quick instructions before she left me to my room. I would guess she's in her early 50's and she owns an adorable house tucked away in a back alley on the south side of Edinburgh. She really has all the tools for a wonderful B&B but for some reason it felt incredibly un-homey. Since coming to Europe, I have a new dream of opening a bed and breakfast in the country complete with my kids, my dashing husband and of course the pig. But the ones I've visited haven't exactly lived up to my expectations (probably because I'm poor but what can I say?) Nevertheless, I still feel the need to not only do it now, but make it better than any other. Because, honestly, a thing like that can't be about money, it has to be because you love it and you love people and who loves people more than me? I will give her some credit though. She did save me this morning by being kind enough to give me some painkillers for my hangover. Blame it on the Scottish.

No comments:

Post a Comment