Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Day 99

Today I met Killian at yet another lock-in. How proud am I? Well, actually his name is John but Killian is more interesting so I don't blame him. Nevertheless, I see a trend of "Well my name's not really..." happening. Killian was a scrawny guy who kept a beanie on his head to warm his bald spot. He is a chef in Dublin and, not surprisingly, has created his own drink, the "Sour Killian." Of course, it's a whiskey sour with a crushed cherry and egg-white twist. What else would an Irishman drink? I tried it...it was definitely sour. Killian is also a former musician, reminded me of my days playing guitar in a rock band thinking I was real cool. He proved to be good company and brought along some more wannabe rocker chefs with him. Unfortunately, I didn't have much more to contribute to the conversation other than the fact that I like his name. Equally unfortunate, Killian is not a fan of Cillian Murphy. Not cool.

1 comment: