Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 80

Today I met Malon. It's Thanksgiving so myself, some Americans, and a couple Dutch decided to get together to attempt our own Thanksgiving in Dublin city. Only problem is, Ireland is sufficiently lacking in the ingredient department. Many of us had to alter or change our dishes because the country doesn't have simple things like graham crackers or cranberries. Who would have thought? I mean they do eat cheesecake and I eat cranberries in my muffins here all the time. Maybe some secret club you have to be in. Anyways, the celebration was to go down at a friend of a friend's flat, Malon. After Shannon and I hauled all of our groceries across the city in a broken down bus, we were about to pop. But when we arrived the apartment was open, clean, and decorated and Malon was there to greet us at the door. She was a beautiful girl with dark brown hair, the occasional freckle and a Dutch accent I found myself missing since I left Holland. She was equipped with her feathered Indian headband as was the rest of the crew. The night turned out to be wonderful. Malon was so nice and literally offered every dish, pan, and spoon we needed to serve our meal, which, by the way, was pretty damn good for a bunch of college students. After we had stuffed ourselves to the max and drowned ourselves in wine, we headed out to the pub of course, feathered headbands, beards and pilgrim hats intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment