Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 56

Today I met the real Marc, my professor. We finally all went out to a pub after class. He led us through the back streets showing us great places to eat that we ended up stopping by later on and we ended at Grogan's Castle Lounge, a run-down pub charmingly filled with artists and their work hanging on the walls. Marc wanted to have our drinks outside and despite the heat lamps above the patio, I froze my ass off on possibly the coldest night since I've been hear. I sat shivering trying to add to an intellectually stimulating conversation. Turns out Marc is a surprisingly liberal man for his age who has no problem with a joint every now and then and had just finished a class bashing Ireland's parliament. Though, he has a soft side as well which comes out when he references his girlfriend and their house in the country. Sounds like he lives a fantanstic life and I have to thank him for having so much enthusiasm and interest in his class and his students. Although he may be outspoken and throw his opinion in your face, it a nice change from stagnant, objective lectures back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment