Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 58

Today I met Allison. I was sitting alone at my two person table in the bed and breakfast, feeling incredibly awkward. I expected it to be a family-style seating but I guess singles aren't often catered to as well as couples. I walked over to fill up my coffee and asked the only other couple in the room where they were from. Allison was a student from Philedelphia who was studying for a year in Scotland where she met her boyfriend. Of course, they were spending the weekend in Cork celebrating their year anniversary. Great, the one place I went to escape overseas romances for a night, I find a happy cross-continental couple. It wasn't too awful though. They seemed to be more tired and sick than lovey-dovey and mushy (honestly I don't think they were those kind of people anyways). Allison was about my age and talked to me through glasses and a bush of hair that was begging to get out of its ponytail holder. I felt a bit odd in my blouse and boots with hair and makeup done compared to them in their sweats and comfy shoes but at the same time it made me relax. We shared traveling tips and I helped them with the Cork City map so they could find the tourist office. They were both appreciative and quite a lovely couple really. Jealousy just took over for a moment there...how can you blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment