Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 66

Today I met Bobby and Kaya. I was in The Liberties area working on the story, surprise surprise. After searching what seemed like ages for a mother and a school-age kid, I jumped when I saw the two and was even more ecstatic when they told me they lived in the area. My story is about the swine flu (yippy) and needed to ask Bobby, the mother, how she felt about the vaccinations and if she planned on getting one for her daughter. She swept back her frizzed hair and looked down at her daughter playing with her pigtails, "I probably will get her vaccinated, yeah." Her face was of concern especially after I told her that in a couple weeks time, Kaya would be able to get the vaccine. I got her information while the little girl shouted out, "Don't you want my name? Don't you want my name?" I bent down and asked her to which she replied "Kaya." I could't help but be reminded of myself as a kid shouting "Cheese, cheese!" any time a camera was near. She begged for the spotlight too, and she'll get it in the next issue.

1 comment: