Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 70

Today I met a kid at Mulligan's. He was working behind the bar but honestly didn't look older than fifteen with his Harry Potter-esque spectacles, acne spotted face and slightly pre-pubescent voice. However, he was laughing right along side the old men who had been pouring pints since before he was born. I could tell by the way he purposely walked through the bar and laughed at jokes only he knew, he was proud to be in the position he was. What more could a teenage kid want than to be helping at a bar late on a Tuesday? I thought one of the men was his dad and when we asked if that was the case, they simply turned to look at each other and burst into laughter. The kid walked away chuckling and shaking his head as if that was the dumbest question he had ever heard. It is Ireland, but how that kid was working there was beyond me. And to think that I can't get a job...

No comments:

Post a Comment