Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 57

Today I met Anne, the owner of a B&B in Cork. I spent the weekend in the city and Blarney after I realized some much needed R,R&R was in order (rest, RECOVERY, and relaxation). Needless to say I wasn't feeling the best after lugging my duffel around the city for six hours and hiking up to the hours in the pouring rain and a broken umbrella. However, I made it and Anne opened the front door for me with a pleasant smile on her face. Anne is in her mid-forties, I would say, and runs the bed and breakfast along with her husband. She looked like the typical mom and housewife, with her short bob and a constant hurry to her step. I wasn't surprised by this once I met her pre-teen daughter and heard a small dog bark in the background. She helped me as I shook the raindrops from, well, every inch of my body, and showed me my room. Although it wasn't the ideal B&B experience, it was cheap, the bed was incredible, I had my wine and chocolate, and I woke up to a hot breakfast. Thanks Anne for the hospitality and a chance to get a small part of my head back together. Now, back out in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment