Saturday, November 28, 2009

Day 79

Today I met a wonderful shoe repair man. My prized Frye boots apparently have an achilles heel and given the fact that I where them 75% of the time, something needed to be done. I made it all the way down to the shoe repair shop (come to find out later there was one much closer to home) with my two pairs of shoes and cash in my pocket to fix my babies. The man, probably in his mid-forties, was hunched over a paper on the counter. I showed him the damage and he said he could do them in an hour. I was amazed. So, he took my shoes and my bag and jovially handed me a pickup ticket and I went out shopping. When I came back an hour later we smiled as he handed me my bag of shoes, good as new. Great guy, I really wasn't expecting them back for a few days. It's nice to meet someone who wants to make your life easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment