Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 69

Today I am back in the 21st century with a new laptop and can finally get back to this project before it runs away from me. So, while I've been away you've missed out on nothing more than me feeling like I'm on the prairie and going through books like they're magazines. Needless to say being a college student with no job, no computer, no pets, no boyfriend, and no television, things got pretty boring. But back to the important stuff. Today I met a bartender at Mulligan's. I've been there several times but frankly, there were far too many distractions to really get to talk to the guys who apparently pull the best pint in Dublin. We had already been "pub-hopping" (as my dad would say) for a little while and...well basically I don't know if I got his name or not. He was a tall, somewhat gangly man in his forties with dark hair and eyebrows that were as dark as his sense of humor. Usually I can keep up with the Irish sarcasm but this guy's face was so straight I think I did my awkward giggle most of the time. Nevertheless, he was funny and although quiet at times, he wanted to be around someone. He didn't remember me from before but I have the feeling the next time I go back, I'll be picked on for sure. Of course, only in the "because I like you" sort of way...hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment