Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 76

Today I met Dave #3. He was a friend of James and much more drunk. He attempted to give me some more career advice through his slurred teeth that had become yellow and gray with age. I listened and nodded, sprinkling the conversation with 'oh really's, 'yeah's, and 'thank you's although I had absolutely no idea what he was saying 90% of the time. He told me a riddle about bellybuttons and another about buying toothpaste but it took half the night not to figure them out but to understand what was being said in the first place. One thing I know I heard right though was one of the oddest compliments I've ever received. In fact, to me, it's most likely an insult but to Dave #3, it could have been the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. As I was walking out the door, Dave grabbed my hand and said, "You know that Britney Spears...you know that Madonna?...You're more beautiful than both of them." Man, do I feel pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment