Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 78

Today I met another man at the bus stop. I was sitting on the edge of the bench when he came by and stared with horror at a man sitting at the other end. He pointed to an elderly woman standing and asked him, "Did you offer her your seat? Did you?" The man obviously didn't which made him start to get angry. Suddenly, I was in the middle of an almost bus stop brawl. The couple that was seated turned out to be foreigners and the girl started screaming in Spanish. I could do nothing but hold on to my groceries and pretend to be invisible. Thank god the bus showed up and the crew left except for the man who started it all. He sat down next to me and started complaining about the couple and the fact that he just ate for the first time in four days. Not so sure about that given that he reeked of the drink and pulled a Druids Cider out of his pocket and sucked it down like a can of coke. I didn't want to disagree with anything the man said given that I was the only one left at the bus stop but he was actually very civil. He simply explained that ladies like that reminded him of his mother and everyone should help them. He finished by asking where I was from as I boarded the bus and slurred a "Nice to meet you" as the door closed behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment