Monday, November 9, 2009

Day 59

Today I met a couple on a train. After coming out of the bathroom at the train station in Cork, I realized my train that wasn't supposed to leave for another hour was already boarding. I hopped on and within moments we were leaving. I turned to ask the guy next to me what the deal was and he said the train was late and I just happened to make it on. I was happy to be in a seat and not carrying around my luggage and would be getting into town an hour early. After getting settled I glanced over at him and his girlfriend, I suppose and the goldfish in between them. I couldn't help but let out a laugh and they just shrugged and laughed along. They both seemed pretty cool and relaxed. She had her brown hair thrown back in a bun on top of her head and slept most of the ride bundled up in a bright purple blanket. He, in his beat up sweats and runners, worked on a crossword puzzle and sang Maroon 5 louder than entirely necessary but he didn't seem to care. In fact, at first his voice sounded great but as he played with the notes and intervals, the tune went downhill. Have to admire him, I couldn't possibly sing out loud on a train especially without the fantasy of an iPod filling my ears and everyone else's around me. I only sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment