Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 23

Today I met the professor I've always wanted.  One who lives for staying after class to help with any questions that could come up in the daunting two hour lecture; one who can crack as many jokes as they can state facts and figures; and one who will meet with students outside of class for a pint and some good 'ol fashion networking...only in Ireland.  Part of the lecture sounded more like my brother's insane "hood" antics than Irish history, but nevertheless, it kept my interest and myself laughing.  And believe it or not, despite the number of times I've heard from the Irish, "Oh I hate Americans," he seemed relieved to meet us and was looking forward to winding down with some english-speaking students after class.  I'm more than excited for this class and really getting down to, I guess, the nitty-gritty of Irish culture.  Plus a pint with the professor isn't a bad way to learn more than what's in the textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment