Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 8

Today I met Gabriel.  A strange one I must say.  I caught him staring at us from across the Galaxy Bar at the Guinness Storehouse.  And when I mean staring I don't mean a loving glance every once in a while, I mean dead-on, no blinking, burning eyes staring.  I was a little creeped out to say the least, but sadly Shannon and I have gotten used to these awkward stares from the foreign boys over here.  Not but five minutes later two of his friends came over to tell me he was in love with me.  So subtle.  Gabriel then came to talk and I could see that he was incredibly shy once he has to face someone.  He had a boyish face and bright blue eyes that looked as though he could run away any second embarrassed forever.  The boys were very nice, a little too nice but we talked with them nonetheless.  Gabriel was a little weird but I give him credit for having the courage to come say hello rather than continue the staring for god knows how long.  Us "crazy Americans" have enough awkwardness to go around as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment