Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 17

Today I met the staff of my new paper, ironically called The Liberty (hopefully this is not hello to a high school repeat).  The students are what I expected: confident, in-your-face journalists who already have a firm handle on the paper, its mission and how to achieve it.  My professor is not what I expected however: an American.  This could be a good thing or a bad thing.  On the one side, he is well aware of the Missouri School of Journalism reputation, but this also means, he's expecting a lot from us.  Shannon and I are up for the challenge and are crossing our fingers that we can once again represent the U.S. and our school well.  The class went very well and the students immediately came up to us to try to catch us up on what the class was all about.  Thankfully, I already have my first story and its something that, despite my lack of familiarity with Dublin, I can manage.  The staff seems great, I trust in their confidence, and hopefully I become as much a part of the close-knit team as the rest of them are.

No comments:

Post a Comment