Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 16

Today I met Damien, a sweet and quiet French student who went to school with my roommate.  Of course, like every other French guy we've met he's quite charming (I'm starting to think there's something in the water) and is here to improve his English.  Although the language barrier is a little rough, he was an interesting guy to talk to and he allowed us to join in on his birthday.  Us poor college students could only afford a chocolate muffin from the convenience store but his enthusiasm was incredible.  Anyone who appreciates the thought of the gift is a keeper in my book.  Damien is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other french men we've met.  He doesn't try to appear cool or desirable like some others, he is just simply around to have a good time and again, he is only contributing to my growing love for the French.  My conceptions were completely skewed and who knows?  Maybe by the time I come back, I'll know a little more French because I'm hating myself right now for taking Spanish instead.  

1 comment:

  1. That's because you live in the midwest and you "had" to take it!

    ReplyDelete