Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day 12

Today I met Ciaran.  Completely cool irish name right off the bat.  Ciaran is from Cork and was in town with the lads for the Gaelic Football Championship in Dublin.  Not only was it the night before Cork's big game, it was one of the guy's birthday.  Poor Ciaran was completely embarrassed by his friend's drunken behavior, which didn't come as a huge surprise since he was actually one of the last ones I met.  Dressed in their jerseys with a Carlsberg in hand, they looked the part of young Irish guys for a night out in the city.  Ciaran and I had the usual conversation I've had with the rest of the Irish and I made sure to never say "Oh yeah, I'm Irish too." They hate that and he appreciated that I didn't.  After a while, the guys decided to go to Copper's where the motto is: "If you can't score at Copper's, you can't score anywhere."  Not my cup of tea but hey, hope Ciaran and the guys enjoyed themselves and I'll be cheering on Cork for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment