Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 7

Today I met Stephanie.  She is one of girls I wish I could remotely resemble when I wake up in the morning.  Again, exactly how I would picture a beautiful, young French girl.  Her English is not the best, but she is working hard to understand and us the same.  I admire her for that.  I took three years of Spanish...twice, and still I don't know if I could jump on a plane to Mexico and perform as well as she is.  It's definitely a task to get to know international students when every other word is "pardon?" or "what?"  However, I have been able to figure out Stephanie a little bit.  She is quiet around English speakers but is constantly talking in French.  I've heard she doesn't speak about many serious subjects, but I think it's because it would hurt too much.  She has a wonderful boyfriend back home and I can tell she misses him a lot.  They talk all the time and I have to admit, I would be in the same boat.  It's hard to leave a five-month relationship.  That's when it always gets really good.  She reminds me a lot of myself when I was in a relationship when spending any amount time apart from your better half seems worse than the six hours we spent at the Immigration Office.  I know it's difficult for her but I hope she starts to loosen up so that I can truly get to know her better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment