Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 11

Today I met Aisling, Shannon's Irish roommate. Wearing a simple tank top and jeans, I immediately took a liking to her. She seemed very laid back and carefree. I didn't get to speak to her much but, once again, she gave us Americans the fair warning about irish guys. "They get what they want and then they're done," she said as Shannon and I cringed in minute horror. After that blunt comment, I knew Ashlyn was an independent woman who most likely doesn't put up with much and for the moment is admirable for that. I wonder if growing up in Ireland makes the women here like that. They all appear extremely confident with their bold voices, opinions, and colorful clothing style. I guess environment can make all the difference and it makes me question why, on first impression, the Irish girls are so much more outward than American girls. Maybe that's not the case at all, but Ashlyn fits the mold of the independent Irish woman so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment