Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 37

Today I met a couple who sat next to me at the park.  The man, probably eighty or so, came over dressed in khaki pants, a button-up shirt, blazer and herringbone cap.  Adorable.  He set his backpack down, unzipped it and pulled out two seat cushions, one for himself and one for the lady.  Initially, I thought the woman was his wife but after eavesdropping between bites of muffin, I realized she was visiting and he was taking her around the city.  I'm not sure what their relationship was but I tried to help them find a couple places to go.  Eventually, they decided on the National Museum and a cup of tea.  Not too exciting of a meeting but I couldn't help but love the seat cushions stuffed into the man's backpack for a possible afternoon in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment