Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 30

Today I met someone I did not like.  I couldn't tell you his name, in fact, I don't care to know his name at the moment.  He was sitting in the corner of the class with his faux-hawk, man-scarf, and a smug look on his face.  We were discussing archetypes and the example of "Rambo" came up somehow.  The class went around exchanging adjectives like "strong...brave...unintelligent..." until we got to "arrogant."  That is when he replied "American" with a look of pure pride in his snide comment.  I've done so well up until this point with the present hatred for Americans and I don't know why this got to me so much.  He must have known that, although it was a class for language, there might possibly be some Americans present.  Guess I'll never know but I will forever give him the stink-eye and be as "American" as I possibly can, because after all, Rambo is so the definition of America.  

No comments:

Post a Comment