Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 28

Today I met THE "Bald Barista."  He owns his self-titled cafe and has as much character as the building does, situated on a corner and stocked with comfy chairs, colorful paintings and people who enjoy a great cup of coffee.  The second I walked up to the counter, he exclaimed, "Geez you're tall."  Big surprise there.  However, he was patient as we mulled over the menu and convinced us into getting their new iced coffee.  It was incredible.  As for the "bald barista,"  he was bald.  The lack of hair certainly didn't mean a lack in personality, especially given the fact that he was wearing an extremely vibrant Hawaiian-eque shirt.  His hearty laugh filled the cafe and he often stopped at tables to talk to customers which is something I appreciate.  I've been lucky to find these types of places already and it surely will keep me from spending my entire bank account at Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment