Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 26

Today I met Darren, a man who, to put it plainly, creeped me out the first few minutes.  Darren was an older man with crows feet and leather skin, but dressed like he was twenty.  He stopped to talk, with the faintest of slurring in his speech and the smell of Guinness on his breath.  We were about to leave until his less intoxicated friend came over as well as another American.  The guys turned out to be hilarious.  I couldn't tell you half of what they were saying but they were extremely adamant about recruiting us to their new political party: The "Maybe" Party.  I have to admit, the idea was appealing considering the thing I hate about voting is having to choose "yes" or "no" or "this idiot" or "that idiot."  Darren and his secretary are all about the "maybe."  I was cracking up as they took a wide stance, looked us dead in the eye and said, "Maybe yes...maybe no" with a pause in between that took centuries.  Although the guys had a few too many to drink, we had a fun conversation and were asked if we would take on the position of heads of the American branch to which I replied, "...maybe."

No comments:

Post a Comment