Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 29

Today I met Will.  He's a head figure in a campaign for making cycling safe in Dublin.  I was meeting him at a local delicatessen and amazingly enough I knew it was him when he came rolling up despite the hoards of Dubliners on their lunch break as well.  He was an older man but well aged, undoubtedly from years of cycling around the city.  He had scruffy hair, blown awry from the wind and a thick gray sweater on to fight the chilly irish air.  I wasn't surprised after talking to him for a few that he was extremely passionate about healthy living and cycling.  Honestly, I wish I could do it too but I'm completely terrified of riding on the busy streets, especially after he finished telling me about how people get killed so easily.  Not my cup of tea, but admirable nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment