Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 36

Today I met an older man and his wife at one of the oldest pubs in Dublin.  My date and I were on our own mini pub crawl and frankly, frequent trips to the toilet were in order.  The man came by trying to take one of the stools and I had to chase him down so that my date could sit with me.  The man was entirely approachable and understandable with his feathered gray hair, glasses dress shirt and a powder blue sweater tied around his shoulders.  Later on, same thing happened.  The man came to get another Guinness for himself and my date was gone.  "Does this guy even exist?" he asked.  And the moment I gave my retort he came back to take his seat.  They started talking about Gaelic football and although I couldn't keep up it was great to see two men laughing and getting on like old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment