Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 116

Today I met surely the nicest clerk in all of Dublin. I set out for a last stroll and some shopping in Dublin wrapped up to my nose in wool. One of my stops was a music store where I bought a couple CDs to listen to while I was driving home to Kansas City. After I got back from my shopping it was already dark and inching toward the 6:00 closing time. I opened up my CD to listen to while I was packing only to find there wasn't one there. Normally, I would have gone Incredible Hulk but I was leaving in the morning and the store was closing in 10 minutes on the other side of the city. I called in a panic and the guy was nice enough to offer to bring it by my place. Frankly, I was amazed. Forty five minutes later my phone rang and I ran out to meet him. He walked halfway up the drive to meet me and placed the glorious sounds of Glen Hansard into my hands with a smile on his face. No hint of resentment in sight. As he walked back to his car, I couldn't help but thank him profusely for giving me a great last encounter with Irish hospitality. Great way to head out.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete