Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 98

Today I met a lovely couple from Norfolk and a couple from Southern Scotland over a mug of mulled wine that was simply to die for (not to mention, it included a hefty shot of amaretto as well). What a way to warm up. If I closed my eyes I could have sworn that Colin Firth was on speaking in one ear and Craig Ferguson was speaking in the other. They were nice, asked me about my travels, studying and whatnot, but to my surprise the English were actually wonderful people, nicer than the Scottish couple. Yes, this may be a statement based on stereotypes but after spending time in the three countries that loath the English more than any other, I was pleasantly surprised. It was one of those nights that was simple. There was no crazy party or an attractive guy or a life changing experience but I'll remember it forever. To me, there's nothing better than sharing stories over a hot mug of wine. surrounded by trees covered in lights for the Christmas season. I never got the couple's names but they left a fantastic impression, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment