Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 110

Today I met Audiele (totally guessing on the spelling). She was a perfect example of "don't judge a book by it's cover." I was sitting on the Metro when this lady jumped on with her husband. The man was sophisticated with his turtle neck, navy blazer and smart glasses and the woman seemed to enjoy being his arm candy. However, this piece of candy was a bit of a mess. He bleach-blonde hair was teased to the point of a rat's nest which was complimented by a bright turquoise sparkly eyeliner and hot pink lipstick that looked like a two-year-old had drawn on her face with no attempt to stay in the lines. I was appalled. She seemed to be completely in her own world and with the way she looked, I can't say I expected much intelligence out of her especially after she strangely smiled at us with gray coloured teeth. Of course, I had to make a comment to Shannon and not 30 seconds after, the woman asked where we were from with a sincere smile. For six or so more stops we talked about what we did and what they did and surprisingly enough, she was French and fluent in eight languages and was teaching Russian and French in the States. Her husband was American and owned a software company in California. Needless to say, I was shocked at this discovery and she even loved America. Like, really loved it. After they said goodbye over and over and disappeared off the Metro I felt the need to slap myself on the wrist. She ended up being one of the nicest ladies and I was about to write her off. Shame on me. However, if for some reason I did get to know her better, you can be sure I would be taking her on a trip to Sephora for some new makeup and serious lessons on application.

No comments:

Post a Comment